Oración sobre la nieve y seguridad
Snow days are a rare treat in the Jerusalem area. Waking up to a white view in a land where sand and rocks are the dominant landscape is a magical experience. What’s less magical is the inability of Israeli structures to handle the snow. As soon as the snow began to melt, the roof on our main ministry center and studio began leaking. We spent hours moving the snow with a flimsy broom and squeegee (and no, I’ve never seen a snow shovel sold in Israel). Thankfully, there doesn’t seem to be any long-term damage.
On the other hand, our office in Beit Shemesh is a different story. We were just one week away from moving our offices from Beit Shemesh to Jerusalem next to our studio. As such, the snow that landed on the roof of our offices collapsed and damaged some of our equipment and hundreds of our published books. As the cleanup process bleeds into our moving process we are praying for a smooth transition.
Praying through Psalm 91 for Israel
Those who live in the shelter of the Most High will find rest in the shadow of the Almighty. This I declare about the Lord: He alone is my refuge, my place of safety; He is my God, and I trust Him. (Psalm 91:1-2)
- Father, thank You for always being a safe place for us.
- You are a trustworthy and faithful God.
- We praise You for the way you have brought the people of Israel through troubles for thousands of years.
For He will rescue you from every trap and protect you from deadly disease. He will cover you with His feathers. He will shelter you with His wings. His faithful promises are your armor and protection. Do not be afraid of the terrors of the night, nor the arrow that flies in the day. Do not dread the disease that stalks in darkness, nor the disaster that strikes at midday. (Psalm 91:3-6)
- Thank You for Your promise of deliverance and protection from disease. Lord, weaken the Covid virus to the point of irrelevance in our daily lives.
- Be a safe place of refuge especially for those serving on the frontlines in this long battle with Covid in Israel to encourage and support these doctors, nurses, first responders, police, soldiers, and educators.
- Grant supernatural refreshing to these workers. As they serve keep them and their families healthy. Give them grace in this challenging winter season.
- Many of the most vulnerable in our society—the elderly and those with health pre-existing health conditions—continue to spend extended amounts of time in isolation. May Your Word bring comfort and hope pushing back fear, loneliness and depression.
- Encourage the hearts of those whom You know are not in danger from this virus to get out and enjoy much needed fellowship.
Though a thousand fall at your side, though ten thousand are dying around you, these evils will not touch you. Just open your eyes, and see how the wicked are punished. (Psalm 91:7-8)
- Even with this virus being a common enemy worldwide, there are those who look to take advantage of this vulnerable time and wage war on Israel’s existence.
- We see past attacks on Your people Israel and the damage it has done, and yet we trust in You to defend them today.
- Provide innovative new systems in the IDF and Mossad to gain critical intelligence to keep Israel safe from physical and cyber warfare.
- Give Israeli leaders wisdom and strategy as they prepare for a possible mass evacuation of the Jewish community in Ukraine as the threat of Russian invasion looms.
- Waves of immigrants have come to Israel before and proven difficult for Israel to absorb. Grant Israel’s government wisdom and resources to handle the fulfillment of prophecy that promises Your people will return to Your land.
If you make the Lord your refuge, if you make the Most High your shelter, no evil will conquer you; no plague will come near your home. For He will order His angels to protect you wherever you go. They will hold you up with their hands so you won’t even hurt your foot on a stone. You will trample upon lions and cobras; you will crush fierce lions and serpents under your feet! (Psalm 91:9-13)
- Lord, we choose to remain in You. You are the safest place for us.
- Thank You for keeping Your people safe during the recent earthquakes in northern Israel this past week. Let this be a wake-up call to government and security to prepare for the big earthquake predicted adequately.
- Help the workers involved in structural reinforcement in Israel to build (and reinforce) with excellence.
The Lord says, “I will rescue those who love me. I will protect those who trust in my name. When they call on me, I will answer; I will be with them in trouble. I will rescue and honor them. I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation.” (Psalm 91:14-16)
- Lord, we love You.
- Thank You for answering our call and providing for our needs even before we are aware of them.
- We are encouraged today knowing You are with us!
- We can experience pure joy because of Your gift of salvation.
- Thank you for this life we get to live with You. Help us to make our days on earth count for eternity.