Oración concerniente a acciones justas y descanso
It’s being called the greatest humanitarian crisis in Europe since WWII. Among the harrowing tales, Israeli news has highlighted the stories of Jews who were babies when their families carried them as they fled the Nazis. Now in their 80’s—for a second time in their lives—they are being forced to flee their homes. The unspoken difference is that today there is a land for Jews to flee to.
We’ve all suffered personally from the isolation of the past couple of years. It’s just that the average person’s adverse reaction to the pandemic usually included eating too much, binge- watching TV shows, picking up new (and perhaps strange) hobbies—and having the occasional emotional meltdown. Thankfully, most of us don’t have access to military might and nukes as we let off steam. On the other hand, some world leaders—like Putin—do.
Reports are that Israel is loosening the restrictions on the Aliyah process so she can absorb as many Jews from Ukraine in as short a time as possible. No one knows how long the fighting will last, but the recovery effort will be a topic of discussion for the months and years ahead. In the meantime, there are two fronts to this war—those in the midst of the fighting for whom we must pray to experience God’s rest in the midst of the storm, and those of us on the outside for whom we must pray will take action and not be apathetic.
“Then Yeshua said, “Come to me, all of you who are weary and carry heavy burdens, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you. Let me teach you, because I am humble and gentle at heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy to bear, and the burden I give you is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30)
- Father, thank You for an open invitation to come to You and exchange our heavy load for Your lighter load. You have created a safe place for us to carry our burdens when we are overwhelmed.
- We ask for Ukrainians to discover this beautiful gift of “light load carrying.” Help them in practical ways as they face the fight of their lives, but also strengthen their hearts and show them how to stay safe in the shadow of Your wings. Meet them in the middle of the chaos and destruction.
- Moments of uncertainty like this can remove the veil of pride in ourselves that we have as humans. Use this time of humbling to reach hearts that have been hard toward You. Let knees bow, and tongues confess, that You are King of Kings and Lord of Lords.
- We’ve seen the photos of Putin “social-distanced” from all his staff. But You can reach him in his inner chambers and his innermost thoughts. Speak Your words to him so he will hear them.
- Many mistakes can be made when leaders are tired—or isolated. We ask You to grant supernatural rest to world leaders making important decisions on very little sleep.
- Despite the clear moral stance Israel has in regard to Russia’s attacking civilian targets, she has many reasons to be hesitant to take an aggressive and public stance on the matter, one of which is the Russian military virtually sitting on our border with a significant presence in Syria.
- We understand that Israel is uniquely in the middle of this conflict. Help Israeli leadership use Your wisdom in walking the fine line of being a mediator between Russia and Ukraine. Thank you for the meeting between Prime Minister Bennett and Putin on Saturday. We ask that you use the nation of Israel to help bring peace.
- We ask that the leaders of nations will not sit idly by and watch this mass destruction. But even more, we ask that Church leaders will lead the way in rescue efforts, standing up for righteousness and building Your Kingdom during this time.
- Forbid that other rogue nations become inspired by the lack of international intervention.
- We thank You for the aid sent from Israel and other nations, the rescue missions, and the doctors lining up to fly out at a moment’s notice. Protect and guide their work.
- Lord, we ask for not only physical rest but also rest for souls—for those who are in the fight and those burdened by the fight. Help us turn our burdens into prayers.
- Help us to learn from You and the way You have handled heavy situations. Only You actually carried the weight of the world on Your shoulders. It is not for us to carry.
- Grant rest to families and civilians who are defending their nation.
- Grant Your peace of mind to the women who have fled with their children and are worried for the safety of their husbands, brothers, and fathers. Show them You are the only safe place to hide.